BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 1, 2010

and my winners are...

Oscar season is upon us folks.
and although the ceremony tends to get a bit long...i always enjoy watching the envelope open for the big categories.
you know.
best actor.
best actress.
best picture.
yadda yadda yadda.

so. here are myyy winners.


anyone who knows me. knows it is no secret that i sincerely loved Up in the Air.
that love extends to it's two stars: George Clooney and Vera Farmiga.
it's always difficult for me to decide who is really Oscar worthy, but these two were fantastic.
their chemistry was perfect.
and i'm starting to believe he can do (almost) no wrong.
this was the first time i've seen Vera Farmiga in anything (i know it's not her first role) and i loved her.
she was stunning in so many senses of the word.



Christoph Waltz.
to think i wasn't really interested in seeing you in Inglorious Bastards because i thought it "wasn't my kinda movie"
well i'm glad i did.
not only did i thoroughly enjoy the film.
i was inspired by this man right here.
his dialect was impeccable.
you hated him. truly hated him.
just amazing.

and now a little input for next year.....



as if i needed a reason...Shutter Island has slipped Mr.Dicaprio into my favorite actor slot.
seriously.
i have not seen a film this man did not commit to.
he is wonderful.
he is multi-dimensional.
he is one of the greatest actors of my generation.
(if you'd like to argue this point...i'll gladly debate)
I have already seen Shutter Island...twice.
if you haven't seen it. you must.
just go.
now.
like. right now.

and marvel at the genius that is leonardo dicaprio.
to work with him would be a dream.

that's all for now.

peace, love, and oscar winners.



2 comments:

Lainey said...

I completely agree with all of your choices. However, I do think that Avatar (or the buzz is saying "Hurt Locker") will probably win Best Picture. I have not seen Up in the Air, but I'm sure it is amazing, because well as you said-George Clooney is unstoppable. And speaking of unstoppable-Leo, Leo, Leo...*sigh* I love him. I loved him since Titanic when nobody thought he was good, and now, well, he's even better. He gets more and more talented. And I agree Shutter Island and of course Leo, should both get nominations for next year. To ignore this film would just be ridiculous.

Anyway, can you tell I get really excited when talking about the Oscars. It's my favorite "Season". lol. Love yooooooou!

Sheena Bee said...

I just read this post to ashley and she said you told her n matt to grow a pair and go see Shutter Island....maybe we'll all just rent it when it comes out and watch it during the day time in my room...haha. but I know Leo was good in it, just cuz he's good in everything. Nice choices miss.