BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 17, 2010

if you want my auto..want my autobiooography....

san francisco take two...was perfect.
but more on that.
later.


a good friend of mine asked me an interesting question tonight...

"if there was one line in a song, any song, that you would use as the title of your autobiography, what would it be?"

this question could change. at least 100 times in the course of my life.
but right now.  it would have to be this:

"your faith has got to be greater than your fear."

it's from the 11th Dimension by Julian Casablancas.
not only is the song catchy. and impossible to sit still to.
but that lyric.
hits me.
every. single. time.

and no. it's not the most catchy book title.
and it's also more of a "personal quote" than it is anything else.
(thanks pickles)

BUT. that wasn't the question.
because any line from a song will most likely be "too long"

but this line.
is beautiful.

if i could truly live my life that way, everyday, i do believe that it would unlock the key to my inner happiness.
and i'm workin on it. trust me.
i've grown a lot. since my younger days.

i just think that this line is so wonderful because as human beings, we let fear rule far too many things in our life.

i'm sick of not saying something. doing something. or feeling something because it "scares" me.

f**k that.


and that word. faith.
 it doesn't have to be religious.
for me, it's not.
at all.
it's more about trusting that things will work out.
wishing for the best.
and knowing that i won't be given anything i can't handle.



so. what would YOUR song line be babies?




2 comments:

Corey said...

So hard to pick one so I'm gunna High Fidelity it...

Top five autobiographical song lyric titles are:

1. "Is This Love" from "Is This Love" by Bob Marley
2. "Who Needs Shelter From The Sun" from "Who Needs Shelter" by Jason Mraz
3. "And If The Sun Sets You Free" from "Shes Only Happy in the Sun" by Ben Harper
4. "Good good vibes they keep on playin'" from "Dont Push" by Sublime

and #5 on the list is:

"All You Need is Love"... We all know why that from.


So in the end a bit cliche.. But I like it.

Lainey said...

oh my, that's a toughie...these are things I do think about on a daily basis, but for some reason right now, it would be really hard to say. I love love love all of Eisley's songs. But I think you can never go wrong with Jason Mraz or the Beatles. I'll have to get back to you on this...

Love you. And I'm glad you had an amazing time in SF. <3